Here to show us a fantastic fall recipe for pumpkin pancakes is Jonathan Seyoum, partner at The Original Pancake House.
1) In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar. Stir together and set aside.
2) In a separate bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, eggs, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and milk.
3) Slowly drizzle wet ingredients into dry ingredients, stirring gently with a spoon as you go. Once combined, if mixture needs more moisture, splash in a little more milk. Batter should be pourable.
4) Heat large skillet or griddle over medium-low to low heat. Smear a little bit of butter over the surface and drop tablespoon-sized amounts of batter onto the pan (more if you want larger pancakes.) Wait a minute or so, then flip to the other side. Pancakes should be light golden brown and set in the middle.
5) Whip cream with maple syrup (optional) until light and fluffy. Set aside.
6) Serve silver dollar pancakes in a circular pattern on a large plate, ending with one in the center. Top with butter, sprinkle with chopped nuts, and drizzle with warm syrup. Top the whole thing with the maple whipped cream and serve immediately! (Note: you can drizzle with a little caramel sauce, too!)
15455 Dallas Parkway Suite 100
Didn't find what you were looking for?